Thursday, January 8, 2009

Love Moves in Mysterious Ways-12 years Baby!

I love you.” In Japanese, “love” is “ai (愛),” and the verb form “to love” is “aisuru (愛する).” “I love you” can be literally translated as “aishite imasu (愛しています)“. “Aishiteru (愛してる),” “aishiteru yo (愛してるよ)” or “aishiteru wa (愛してるわ, female speech)” is normally used in conversation.

I can hardly believe that 12 years ago today, I married my husband Scott!!! Wow, who would have ever thought that after only 6 weeks of dating we would still be together 12 years later. It was quite a ride from the get go. We met and married in Okinawa, Japan. Both of us were in the Air Force and working in the medical field. I used to ask how you knew you met the person that you were meant to spend the rest of your life with and I was always told-"you just know". Now that is advise that I give out these days.

I truly believe that the Lord brought us together-for better and for worse!!! There have been plenty of moments when I even wondered if I had made the right decision-but I know with all of my being, that Scott Alan Noggle's heart was meant for me. From our first date taking pictures at the lighthouse to 3 children later-we have jam packed the past 12 years with lots of memories.

We did marry in a civil ceremony in Okinawa on January 8, 1997 (Elvis' bday!)however, Pastor Richard Noggle (Scott's father) did our reaffirmation ceremony on June 13, 1998 with all of our friends and family in attendance. Jan 97 was amazing, but our ceremony with the white gown was more than words can express. Our song "Love Moves in Mysterious Ways" by Michael English was sung by Scott himself after we lit the unity candle. Scott has been blessed with a wonderful voice. I remember most moments from that day, but one that I will never forget is the look on my father's face when we saw me in my gown and our soloist singing "Butterfly Kisses" after my father walked me down the aisle. There was not a dry eye in the place. Thank goodness for videos and photographs.

With all of that being said-Happy 12th Anniversary to my love-Scott Alan Noggle, thank you for being a wonderful man of God and thank you for putting up with me as I know I can be more than a handful. You rock!

No comments: