Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shipment from Sweden has ARRIVED!!!

It's finally here!!!! I can't believe that last month my hubby and I were on a plane to Sweden to meet our new wholesaler!!! And now, almost a month to the day later, here my purchases sit on my driveway ready to be organized and prepped for painting.


If you want to purchase any of these wonderful pieces straight from the heart of the Dalarna region in Sweden then make sure you are here on 18 May (Friday evening) from 5-7 pm. We will also be open all day Sat, 19 May from 10-4pm.





Can't wait to paint these mora clocks!! There is only one that will keep it's original paint job because it has the year 1813 already painted on it.


I didn't take specific photos to post at this time as I want it to be a surprise on the day of the market. Most pieces that you see will be painted or altered in some way (Most-not all)


It was so neat to get the history on each piece and some have the dated or writing posted on the bottom!!! I can say that I have a pair of demi lune tables with the marking of 1896 on the bottom! So darn cool!



Garden house full and unorganized at this point, but later that evening, my hubby and I am made order out of it.



Just had to post a picture of our new coffee table. My hubby and I were in love with the blue and thought it was a great storage piece. That was the only thing that we bought for ourselves in Sweden, except my husband did get his moose antlers which are already hanging in his Man Pit! Oh and I did get myself a MORA clock, but haven't decided if I will keep that one, or sell it! Ahhh, that is the life of the business, buy and sell! Did I ever mention that I love my job?? Well, I do!

6 comments:

__ said...

Wow, what a haul! Can't wait to see it all! // Thank you for your kind words on my blog. :) Yes, we are in the Spang area and I am def hoping I can make it to your open house with along with a few friends. I'd love to meet and, of course, see your amazing finds! :)

My BFF and I have actually been discussing doing a roadtrip up through Copenhagen and into Sweden this summer and do a few flea markets but I haven't come across anything online - did you attend any markets or just the one warehouse?

__ said...

Andrea, that would be beyond amazing to hear if your guy in Sweden had any recs for markets! I swear I have looked and looked and nothing!

Do you flea market alot in France? I'm going to Metz tomorrow {one of my favorites} and we like to find little ones, too. One in Paris was good and I stumbled upon one during a trip to the Loire Valley. I am hoping to do Lyon and more in Provence this summer or next. :):)

Chris said...

Hi Chloe, thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas. I have just found your blog and intend to visit here often. Please pop along and visit my blog and I would love it if you would follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

RayBan サングラスの話しは作れますが、好きではありません。「ネットで名人たちのニュースを見たらどう」と友人たちに返事しました。俳優や歌手の中に、レイバン wayfarerを愛用する人も少なくないでしょう。そのために、ブームになっているレイバン RB2140のことはときどき耳に入リます。トリーバーチ

Valentina said...

That’s a lot of stuff! It must’ve taken a couple of hours or days before you finally managed to get these things organized. Anyway, of all those stuff, like you, I also love that vintage-looking blue storage! Good luck to your buy-and-sell business!

-Valentina Moors

Renea Luong said...

I can see that you have wonderful vintage stuff there! It looks like your shipping company did a great job in handling your stuff – nothing was damaged in any way. By the way, how's your buy and sell business now? I hope to see more interesting vintage items from you.